Ethnic attires are really the one with a soul. A Saree is one such ensemble that can bring out subtle elegance in any woman with finesse.
Silk fabric is well renowned as the “ Queen of fabrics” Therefore, a Silk saree is the most luxurious choice a woman can make. The latest of all being the “ Bhagalpuri Silk Saree” that is creating a fashion statement not only locally but also globally.
A desi drape holds a prominent place in the wardrobe of any Indian woman. India has its own rich culture and tradition.
Any Indian saree fabricated in a particular region speaks of its own unique exclusive weave and embellishment that cannot be replicated by any saree from another region. The “ Bhagalpuri Silk Saree” is one such Heritage Must-Have that makes any feminine silhouette stand out in the crowd.
As the name suggests, Bhagalpuri Silk Saree was brought to life in the city of Bhagalpur on the banks of the river Ganges, in Bihar, in the Vedic Ages. It was popularized from the Mauryan age onwards and gained appreciation enormously during the Moghul Era.
This saree is an enigmatic amalgamation of rich tradition and culture that showcases one of the most ancient forms of embroidered artwork.
Bhagalpuri Silk Saree is also known as “ Tussar Silk Saree” as it is procured and processed from the cocoons of Tussar silkworms. The Tussar silk weaving industry in Bhagalpur boasts of 30,000 skilled handloom weavers and a collection of 25,000 handlooms that cater exclusively to Tussar Silk Saree production.
The Tussar silk is also known as “peace silk” as a limited number of silkworms are used during silk production in an eco-friendly manner without harming them. This is the distinctive element of the Bhagalpuri Silk Saree that sets it apart from others.
Bhagalpuri silk saree displays a unique dyeing technique from vegetable dyes. Nowadays due to the advancement and cutting edge technology, acid dyes are being used.
This gorgeous ethnic drape has a high demand globally and has gained international recognition from designers in London and Milan. Europe and the US are the largest importers.
It is the most sought after wedding silk saree online. These delicate valuable 6 yards have immensely popularized the real essence of Bhagalpur with its dynamic aristocratic look.
Novel Features of Bhagalpuri Silk Saree
This elegant and opulent saree has swept nations with its pure sheen and grandeur. We bring you the quirky features that have made it an evergreen favourite:
- This saree is fabricated from one of the finest silk threads in India- Tussar silk. This is responsible for the extraordinary core strength of the material.
- It has a slightly coarse texture and sheen that exudes sophistication.
- It is a classy saree made with a simplistic approach.
- It is handcrafted with great detail and precise compact weaving patterns by highly skilled craftsmen of Bhagalpur.
- It is available in an array of bright colours like red, blue, green, yellow and fuchsia. Varied shades of white also rock this saree.
- It is fabricated in multicolour threads, huge golden borders and exotic ancient motifs and designs that symbolize the golden time of Moghul Era.
- The unique vegetable dyeing technique of the saree is its real deal-breaker.
- It is enormously versatile and can be used on multiple occasions like weddings, party wear, social functions, formal events, and even casual wear.
- It is extremely comfortable to wear in any season and climate.
- It is an exceptionally premium quality saree with striking resilience.
Apart from Tussar Silk, the Bhagalpuri Silk Saree is made available in different varieties of silk:
Nowadays a new blended form of this fabric is available where cotton is mixed with silk to produce casual daily wear sarees at reasonable rates. Thus one can use this saree for grand occasions like weddings as well as formal events or casual meetings.
Bhagalpuri Silk Saree can experiment with multiple bright hues, floral patterns, geometric prints, embellished designs, contemporary artistic motifs, traditional zari work, simple block prints, and other mesmerizing additions to bring out a rich royal captivating demeanour. You will never be satiated with the unending variety this range of saree can offer.
Accessorize any saree from this range with gold, silver, Kundan or pearl jewellery and dazzle the floor like a diva.
This 6 yards of delicacy needs specialized attention. Dry clean the saree the first few times of use to maintain its grandeur and colour. Later on, washing with mild detergent by hand can be done to sustain its longevity.
Always store the saree wrapped in translucent paper in a dry airtight box away from sunlight.
Urban India brings you the purest form of this extravagant embroidered fabric especially handcrafted by expert weavers and skilled craftsmen. Indulge in the wide range of designer Bhagalpuri Silk Saree at our online shopping portal.
What are you waiting for?
Re-invent your wardrobe’s saree collection by choosing Urban India today!